Friday, May 22, 2009

I am not your wife!

Today when I popped open my email, I saw a really strange message with the subject line, "FYI Mike Connor confirmed." The email was about Michael Connor being confirmed by the Senate as Commissioner of the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.

Umm, whaaa? It was then that I realized that the email was not from my father (J. Tim West), but from Timothy J. West, my longtime email buddy who refuses to quit sending me emails intended for his wife, who shares my name.

Over the last 18 months, Timothy has sent me lots of messages, including important ones about how he forgot his cell phone and this email was the only way to communicate to his wife how they would be meeting up later that afternoon. He's also sent me information about his son's soccer schedule (Go NWAL-Arlington!).

So I did what any normal person would do. I sent him a very polite email explaining that I wasn't his wife (which he really should know) and that he probably wanted to fix this error so that his wife could receive these messages.

And I kept getting the emails. So I kept writing back.

And I kept getting emails.

Eventually, I just gave up on him. I figured that he obviously was technologically/intellectually challenged because he never wrote me back to acknowledge his error and he KEEPS WRITING ME.

The scariest thing about this post? I googled the guy and he's the freaking Congressional Liason for the United States Geological Survey.

The man who can't figure out that he isn't emailing his wife is responsible for being the voice of a major governmental organization to Congress.

*Face palm*

P.S.Good news: the motorcycle riding asshole waited until 6:45 this morning to jet out of the neighborhood at warp speed 4 on his ridiculously loud motorcycle. I remained calm, but I really wanted to go grab a huge stick and throw it into the spokes of his front tire. (Does it still count as road rage if you aren't technically driving? Hmm...)

No comments: