Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm starting to sound like Bea Arthur...

The promised sinus infection is here. My voice has dropped at least 2 octaves and my nose is stuffed like, well....a tortellini. I couldn't think of anything, cut me some slack! Rats, I was really trying to avoid that whole staying sick thing since I have to work 2-7 a.m. next week a couple times.

Speaking of...I'm actually really excited about working the overnight shift at the Library. I always wondered what went on overnight at the Library during finals week, and now I'll be working security for that time. Expect frequent twitter updates.

As of now, however, I'm so drowsy. I needed allergy meds so I got some of the good stuff. You know, the stuff they keep behind the pharmacy counter because you can use it to make meth. Wait, is this just an Oklahoma thing or do all stores across the nation control ephedrine? Curious...

But my real question is: these cold meds are making me ridiculously drowsy. Like head falling into desk drowsy. BUT, people make meth out of this stuff, and they say meth is an incredible upper. So I say, what gives?

UPDATE: Oh my God, Bea Arthur died last night. Please note, my title does not mean I sound dead....ok, this is sounding less right by the minute. Umm, thanks Bea Arthur, you were awesome. Loved you in Golden Girls.

2 comments:

ntsc said...

The stuff is behind the counter in NY as well. I don't know if it is federal, local or store policy.

The Naked Wife said...

Meth is very serious business in Oklahoma. The state government sponsored a 30-minute TV program/cautionary tale on all major networks to scare people away from the drug. To scare me away, all they had to do was tell me you lose all your teeth. Eww.