Saturday, January 31, 2009

WiiFit: So easy a stripper can do it

Can we talk about how terrible I am at the "sport" of hula hooping? I know what you're thinking, I didn't even know it was possible to be bad at hula hooping, I mean, tiny children can do this. But somewhere during my 25 years of extreme clumsiness (my family's nickname for me has always been Lumpy, because everytime they looked at me, I had a new lump from falling), I lost my Shakira hips.

I only discovered this because I was playing my WiiFit last night (which is AMAZING, by the way) and the little game told me to hula hoop to the left instead of the right.

What? Is this little machine kidding me? Everyone knows you can only hula hoop in one direction. This game is obviously meant for Latin dancers or strippers or something, not for horribly uncoordinated people like yours truly. So since my husband has laughed at my attempts at hula hooping, I thought I would pose the question: Can you hula hoop? And if so, are you ambihoopstrous?

If you're lucky and he can hold a camera steady while laughing, I'll have Mitch video the travesty that is my hula hooping. Stay posted!

No comments: