Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A right proper post

Have you ever had that feeling of your stomach dropping? The one where you've suddenly realized that you didn't do some vitally important task? When you think you have screwed something up so badly that it can't be fixed and you are likely to get fired/flunked/arrested?



I hate that feeling.



I had an opportunity to become familiar with that feeling today when I received a text from a classmate asking me if the literature review for a huge research paper was really due tomorrow. Cue the ultimate Oh Shit moment.



As I was preparing for an all-nighter, not the greatest idea following a two-day bout with the stomach flu, my generous professor emailed an extension to our woefully unprepared class. I'm not sure I have ever been more relieved.



Now if you will excuse me, I have some research to attend to...

No comments: