Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Highs and Lows

This week has been a battle for me. At times I feel like I'm on my game and everything is going exactly right. At others, I feel like life has dropkicked me in the face. It would be annoying if it weren't so quintessentially LIFE, you know? I mean, life is a combination of inspiration and desperation, blessings and challenges. I think the real success in life is choosing to focus on the happiness in each day.

So this week, I'm choosing to focus on my new entryway table, my bread-making success and my husband's new health insurance. I'm going to ignore this terrible weather, the fact that I enjoyed so much of that homemade bread last night that I made myself sick, and the sad state of the economy. Counting your blessings isn't always easy, but it is definitely effective.

P.S. The bread I'm making is from this cookbook, and it couldn't be more easy or delicious. If I could practice some self-control (around bread? HA!), I would make this every day. I also would include pictures of the bread. I've tried with each of the 4 loaves I've made, but somehow, we keep eating it before I have a chance. Imagine that. Instead, check this photo out and pretend it's the loaf I made.

25 comments:

EdwardG_Burrell1016 said...

路過--你好嗎..很棒的BLOG..............................................

韋于倫成 said...

成功是一把梯子,雙手插在口袋裡是爬不上去的。 ..................................................

茂一 said...

快樂,是享受工作過程的結果...........................................................................

淑慧 said...

能猜得出女人真實年齡的男人也許耳聰目明,但肯定毫無大腦。哈哈!..................................................

玫友 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world...................................................................

陳芳 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。......................................................................

佩春 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」.................................................................

柏辰柏辰 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

陳韋夏陳韋夏益東富益東富 said...

希望我的支持可以帶給你快樂--加油...................................................

姵潔姵 said...

要照顧身體歐~保重..................................................................

佳皓佳皓 said...

[做人難,人難做,難做人] 人.事的艱困與磨難,是一種考驗!要以樂觀歡喜之心,很珍惜地過每一天!^^............................................................

姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...

very nice blog~~..................................................................

怡如怡如 said...

pleasure to find such a good artical! please keep update!!..................................................................

賴淑貞賴淑貞 said...

不能記住往事的,人注定要重蹈覆轍。......................................................

紹函紹函 said...

真正仁慈的人,會忘記他們做過的善行,他們全心投入現在的工作,過去的事已被遺忘。..................................................

俊宏淑松 said...

分享是件快樂的事!!感謝您用心的文章!! ............................................................

冠宇DeonKilgore0 said...

用心經營的blog~有一天你會紅!............................................................

a云c2v吳c9f8文sagd1 said...

人生中最好的禮物就是屬於自己的一部份............................................................

琳楊楊義 said...

Make hay while the sun shines...................................................

姿胤綸婷 said...

人若賺得全世界,賠上自己的靈魂,有什麼益處?.......................................................

敬周喜 said...

Knowledge is power................................................

偉曹琬 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

怡涂涂涂均 said...

要求適合自己的愛情方式,是會得到更多,還是會錯過一個真正愛你的人。..................................................................

小草 said...

生命的意義,是在於活的充實;而不是在於活得長久。............................. ...................................

麗王王珠 said...

謝謝您囉~~看您的分享文章是個很好的經驗~~..................................................................