Thursday, December 3, 2009

Road Rage

Hi, my name is Valerie and I have road rage.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right?

I was driving to Sapulpa to ref 3 basketball games that I couldn't get out of tonight (Mitch wouldn't ref them for me because he's "sick". What a faker.) Most of the drive is on Highway 51, which is one lane in each direction. I got behind a man in a truck who was going about 5 miles under the speed limit. Naturally, as we reached a passing zone, I floated a few feet left to see if I could pass the truck. NORMALLY, this is the point in the story where the man driving the truck should move to the right to make passing easier and safer.

This is NOT the point where the d-bag should speed up/ride the center line to avoid letting you pass him because in some way he relates being passed on the highway with his own failure in life. Or something like that.

I was pissed off enough already, but I moved back behind him, thinking that since he had sped up, it wouldn't matter that I was behind him.

Until he slowed down to 60 again. And we repeated the passing dance again. And he blocked me and then slowed down again.

Sometimes, the only answer is remaining calm and being a responsible adult.

And sometimes, the only answer is flipping someone the bird.

No comments: